Page 4 of 4
Question: When will the Single Window System be operational?
Answer: Implementation of KNESWS commenced in October 2012 .The System will
Go-live in October 2013
Question: What are the expected benefits of the Single Window to the national economy?
• Reduced trade transaction costs
• Reduced delays
• Reduced Inefficiencies
• Reduced corruption
• Reduced manual documents/paperwork
• Reduced cost of capital
• Reduced demurrage
• Improved space utilization at ports/Airports-Increased capacity utilization
• Lodgment of documents from anywhere any time
• Greater efficiency, accountability and reduced cost of doing business
• Integration/Interface with the Regional Electronic Single Window System
• Greater coordination of Government Agencies-KENTRADE
Question: Will implementation of the Single Window System in Kenya lead to job loses?
Answer: KNESW will not lead to loss of jobs. An improved business environment will most likely lead to reduced cost of doing business and increased efficiency in trade. This will lead to increased FDI hence creation of more jobs.